"Hey, where ya goin'?"
Helping people get home
A Vancouver Community Issues Forum
Tuesday, January 30th, 2007
5:30pm to 8:00 pm
Chateau Granville Hotel
1100 Granville St.
Corner of Granville and Helmcken
Bring a friend
There are more than 2500 people living on the street in Vancouver. There are many more who live at risk of ending up on the street. goin´home is a community enterprise interested in
Come and contribute your ideas and stories.
- connecting people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to organizations where help is available.
- giving organizations who are helping the opportunity to tell what they are doing and how they contribute.
- informing concerned businesses and individuals about organizations who are caring for and helping the homeless get off the street.
- keeping the community informed about what we know, what we are doing, and what is working for the homeless in Vancouver.
- providing opportunities for everyone to share information, ideas, and resources.
Participants in the Vancouver Community Issues Forum Event will be able to
- explore how goin´home can work as a communication network
- meet the storytellers who contributed to the goin´home film
- learn how telling our story creates connections
- talk with others about how goin´home can work for our community
- contribute their stories on video and on the internet
goin´home connects, informs, and excites interest in opportunities to contribute to helping people get home.
More information about goin´home, what it does, how it works, and how it contributes can be found at www.goinhome.ca
If you would like to be informed about goin´home, please send your email address below.